- AAALAC Accredited - File Number 000926. Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care or AAALAC International. This is the gold standard for laboratory animal care. Many of our customers require that their contract labs be AAALAC accredited. View our AAALAC Accreditation Letter in pdf format.
- USDA Registered (23-R-0141) - View our USDA Registration Certificate in pdf format and our latest USDA Inspection Report in pdf format.
- NIH OLAW Assured - (A3886-01). View our most recent Animal Welfare Assurance Letter in pdf format.We have been in the Antibody Production business for now over 45 years and we are still family owned and managed. Our name and reputation stand behind every project.
- All of our custom polyclonal antibody production work is done right here in our Canadensis, Pennsylvania facility. Unlike some of our competitors, we do not subcontact out your antibody production.
- There's no need to go thru several separate vendors and establishing various Purchase Orders to accomplish your goals. We are able to provide our clients with assistance from the selection and design of their immunogen thru antibody purification and validation, labeling, assay optimization to RNA archiving and Phage Display Library Development. For your convenience we also carry common secondary antibodies.
- We have experience in the development of antibodies to a variety of antigen forms such as Native and Recombinant Proteins, Peptides, and live cells expressing complex GPCR receptor. Likewise we have expertise in the various modes of antigen delivery, from the classical adjuvant injection to nucleic acid delivery by mechanical and live virus delivery.
- All of our technicians are certified by the American Association of Laboratory Animal Sciences or AALAS. This ensures that our technicians have extensive training and experience with bleeding, injecting, caring, and handling research animals.
- We are able to suggest injection and bleeding protocols based on our past 45 years of experience. Many times, we can suggest to you the best host species for your antigen. You can choose one of our protocols, modify one of our protocols, or use your protocol. We recognize that one protocol is not the best for all antigens and we are willing to work with you to develop the best protocol for your project. Our staff is always eager to try novel protocols.
- We have an Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) that approves all protocols. Our protocols for antibody production are preapproved so that there is no delay in starting your project. If you have a unique protocol that you want us to use, talk to us! We can usually follow your protocol if it is within our guidelines. Our IACUC is able to write approval letters to your institution or funding agency if required.
- We have a state-of-the-art environmentally controlled and monitored animal facility. Temperature, humidity, and lighting are held to constants recommended by The Guide for the Use and Care of Laboratory Animals. This ensures that results are not altered by environmental stress.
- Click here for a list of publications that PRF&L is in.
Our goal is to provide you with High Quality “Functional” Custom Antibodies.
Being the oldest does not make us the best, Doing our best for every client makes us the oldest!